This course explores best practices and standards for creating cybersecurity programs and addresses respective education gaps in businesses. It gives the attendees the opportunity to gain a better understanding of cybercrime and how to manage the risks associated to ensure maximum cybersecurity and reap the benefits of implementing an appropriate cybersecurity framework within the organization and its integration with the management and board functions.
Who Should Attend
Employees of different capital market institutions, regulators, stock exchanges and depository centers, as well as brokers and other entities related to capital markets.
Attendees will understand the role of cybersecurity programs in supporting business functions and contributing to their resilience in today’s vulnerable business environment. They will prepare for future developments in cybersecurity and cyber resilience.
Governance Dynamics is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org.
Registration and Attendance Requirements: Click the “Buy Now” button to register for the GRC Professional (GRCP) Certification Program. In order to be awarded the full credits, you must respond to at least three polling or live questions every 50 minutes.
- Instructional Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
- Program Level: Intermediate
- Prerequisites: Basic Business & GRC Knowledge
- Advanced Preparation: None
For more information regarding refund, complaint, and program cancellation policies, please contact the training department at [email protected].
- Duration 2 days
- Location Online / In-person
- Program Level Intermediate
- CPE Credit 9 CPEs
- Certificate of Attendance
- KSA Time 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- UAE Time 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Length 8 hours
Overview of cybersecurity risk and cyber resilience
• Introduction to cybersecurity and cyber risk
• Difference between cybersecurity and cyber resilience
• Methods of identifying and prioritizing cyber risks
• Emerging risks and the pandemic
Integrating cybersecurity frameworks to business activities
• Cybersecurity portfolio framework
• Maturity model of cybersecurity
• Integration of the framework into other functions and educating their staffs
• Data aggregation and intelligence gathering tools to address cybersecurity risks
• Latest threats and vulnerabilities related to technology, cyber risk, and data governance
Creating an efficient and usable cyber risk program
• Instilling culture of security into core management processes
• Creating a system that maintains daily usability
• Dealing with the increasing price of cybersecurity
• Potential for automation
How to create cyber governance in your organization
• Information security governance best practices and standards
• D&O lawsuits following major cyber events
• Role of the board and senior management in cyber governance
• Involvement of board and senior management in cyber incidents and responses
Cybercrime – lessons to be learned and weaknesses to be addressed
• Notable attacks – case studies
• Areas for overlap and significant differences
• How to implement a full-coverage solution
• Reasons for incomplete enterprise security programs
• Addressing controls weaknesses and outdated system monitoring techniques to keep pace with threat environment