The concept of doing business responsibly has been evolving widely. The concept of “Good Citizen” status that recognizes the internal and external stakeholders’ interests has been evolving for some time and have gone over and beyond the business and financial interests of shareholders towards a wholistic sustainable society, nation, and world.
This course expands on the current ESG trends and values as well as its future direction and it emphasizes the wholistic benefits that ESG can bring at the corporate and national level.
Who Should Attend
Board members, senior executives, and managers running up the succession plans as well as risk, assurance, and compliance specialists.
- In depth understanding of the latest interpretation of ESG components
- How to incorporate ESG into the business models of a socially responsible, sustainable, and consistently prosperous organization that contributes to the society/nation at large and as aligned with Saudi Vision 2030’s aspiration
- How to measure the success of ESG initiatives and continuously improve, refine, and update its structure
- Understand the critical role of ESG and Good Governance on the global and local economic and development aspects
- Get familiar with the implementation process of Good Citizen as part of Good Governance at their organizations
- Align risk and compliance in context of your organization
- Understand the role of good Governance in prosperous contribution to the wealth of an organization, its sustainability, and its economic and social contributions to the society/nation at large
- Understand the current and future challenges to Governance and how to prepare to treat and accommodate them
- Date Jan 30-31, 2023
- Duration 2 Days
- Location Online
- Skill level Advanced
- CPEs 10 CPEs
- Certification of Attendance
- KSA Time 5:00 - 9:00 PM
- UAE Time 6:00 - 10:00 PM
- Time 8 Hours
- ESG Evolution & Challenges
- UN SDGs, TCFD, GRI, UNSSEI and others.
- Evolution of the Good Citizen.
- ESG in the Middle East, Challenges and Opportunities and efforts with reference to major regional milestones achieved such as Cop27, Cop28, Saudi Vision 2030’s ESG initiatives.
- Recent Market Trends in ESG: Sustainable Operations; The Principled Performance.
- The Environmental Component
- The Drivers: Carbon Emission, Global Warming, Water Scarcity etc.
- Criticality and Mitigating Solutions-The Climate Risk Dilemma.
- The Depth of Required Awareness of Green Investing Trends.
- The Legislative and Better Practices.
- The Social Component
- The Drivers: Hunger, Data Privacy, Fair treatment, Discrimination and Hatred etc.
- Criticality and Mitigating Solutions.
- Promoting the Organizational Brand through Corporate Social Responsibility.
- The Governance Component
- Linking Fundamentals of Governance such as Corporate Ethics and Sustainable Taxation, Transparency and Fairness, etc. to Environmental and Social Components.
- Developing an ESG Agenda and Setting Priorities: What Do the Stakeholders Aim at?
- ESG and Principled Performance Theory
- Implementation of an ESG Program
- Awareness spectrum and materiality determination
- Objective establishment and VIR reporting
- ESG Maturity Assessment